When I was about 35, I remember thinking about all the things I wanted to do, but was waiting for because they were things to do when “I get married.” I’m not the only one who thinks this way. I hear a lot of women say things like, “I can’t wait to go to Paris (or insert some amazing city on their list) someday with someone special.”
I had the list of what I was waiting to do… but I also had a checklist of what I wanted for myself before I got married.
- Build a career I love (check)
- Buy my own home (check, did it twice)
- Get my own diamonds, before someone else does (check)
Why did I need to do those things for myself, while subconsciously, I still waited for other things – until I got married?
And, do we do the same thing when it comes to our careers?
Are you waiting for:
- opportunities to do more public speaking?
- training on how to deliver better in interviews?
- video to show off your personality on social media, your website or LinkedIn?
- guidance on how to perfect your personal appearance?
- help to market yourself with a personal website?
- someone to show you how to revamp your LinkedIn page?
Is there something else you’re waiting for today?
Maybe you think the next big promotion will give you those opportunities or your boss will pay for more training.
We all think the next move will give us more. But, what if it doesn’t?
What if the training you receive now, will help you land your next raise, promotion or title?
Recruiters tell the Graduate Management Admission Council that the top skills MBAs need are oral communication, listening and writing.
Hiring a media coach or a public speaking trainer benefits your career greatly, and if your company doesn’t reimburse you for the expense, it’s a tax write-off.
It’s a good idea to hone these skills now so when the spotlight shines on you with the opportunity to move up – you’re ready.
I can help you. Book your free consultation with me here.
In case you were wondering… here are three of the things I wanted to do once I got married:
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer (don’t quite know what I’d do with it, but they work for girls like Giada)
- Nespresso machine (espresso at home… delivered in a way even I can’t mess up… because coffee is a BIG deal to TV producers)
- A week (or longer) eating, drinking and dancing my way through other countries
You can’t keep waiting until you’re married, make more money, or the market hits its “real bottom.”
You can’t wait to get media coaching or to revamp your LinkedIn or website.
Go get what you want now.